I did not achieve 100% of my project proposal, but I did something more while I was editing my outcome. At first, I was planing to design my own T-shirt, do a photo shoot and a letter writing campaign for people who are interested in my project. But the timing was not ideal, by the time that I finished my T-shirt design, it was already Easter holiday for most of the students in University of the Arts London, all the BA students was about to break out, so my plan of finding 4 models for my photo shoot did not work out. I did not know they start their holiday 2 weeks earlier. But luckily, I asked a student who was also at the screen printing workshop if she could help modelling for my final project.
The photo shoot went well, but Paula said that it is better for me to do more photo shoots at different location. Sadly, the original model couldn’t do it anymore, so I asked my flatmates for help. I’m glad that one of them has recently became a professional model, he told me the tips when it comes to posing, and he did a good job.
For the final editing, I tried duotone, as Chris has suggested, because it will create a graphic feeling. I did couple of the photos in popping duo colours, but I did not like it. I then tried black and white photos with coloured graphics. It was what I was looking for, hence I tried to make the illusion of the graphics coming out from the background. I followed the tutorial of perspective wrap, field blur and some other effects. I think it went quite well.
For the exhibition, Trudi suggested me to draw the patterns on a till roll and hang it from the sealing. It was a bit weird to ask the cashier to sell me a till roll, because she said she has never sell them before. I successfully purchased the till roll, and I am planning to draw the light that I see through out the day on the same pen case on the roll.